Drops of blood after making ghusl

Drops of blood after making ghusl

Question: I notice that sometimes after making ghusl due to my monthly menses, after having had my period for a normal amount of time, five days, I have a very small amount of drops coming out. This occurs right after I make ghusl. After that, nothing else comes out. I do not know what to do. Should I follow my normal five-day period and simply ignore what occurs after that and continue to pray and fast? Or should I consider that day also part of my period and not pray or fast during it? Note that such does not always occur to me but only occurs every two or three, or so, monthly cycles. I hope you will benefit me on this matter.

Response: If what comes out after your washing is either yellow or brown, it is not to be taken into consideration [as menses] and it takes the same ruling as urine. However, if it is clearly blood, it will then be considered part of the menses and you must repeat the ghusl due to what is confirmed from Umm 'Atiyyah, one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), who said, "We would not consider yellowish or brownish discharge as anything after we had been purified [from menses].

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Fataawa al-Mar.ah

0 komentar: